The Importance of Regular Air Filter Replacement
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Replacing air filters is the number one thing you can do to keep your HVAC system running properly. And it is a regular part of our maintenance agreements.
Regular replacement of air filters is the number one way to keep your home or commercial HVAC system running smoothly. As part of our maintenance agreements , we can take the guesswork out of how and when to replace them. Here’s what you need to know.
How Often Should You Replace Air Filters?
30, 60, 90 Days, or More? It seems that the answer should be easy, but it actually depends on a variety of factors.
- If you live in a climate where you use your system a lot – for both heating and air conditioning, then it needs replacing more frequently.
- The number of people and pets who live in a home have a huge impact on how dirty the filter will get. Pet hair and dander can clog up a filter in no time at all.
- The location of your home affects how dirty the filters get. Do you live on a farm or agricultural area where there is lots of dust in the air? Is your region windy? Is there construction going on nearby? Outside air gets into the house. If it is dirty, the dirt, grime, and debris get pulled into the air filter by the heating/cooling system.
- If you have a fireplace that you use occasionally (or perhaps, often!) your filter will get dirty faster.
- Family members who have allergies or respiratory illnesses require cleaner air to breathe easier and feel more comfortable. Keeping the filter clean will ensure the air quality of the house is better and safer for everyone.
Call G+S Heating Energy Air Services and speak to our friendly staff for more ideas on keeping your HVAC system running well and your air clean. Consider a maintenance agreement so that we can help you keep your home air quality safe and healthy for everyone.