Are you considering upgrading to a programmable thermostat? What’s holding you back? To help you decide, we’ve put together a guide to the pros and cons of moving from an old model to a new programmable one.
- Set it and forget it - a programmable thermostat lets you program your heating and cooling to fit your schedule so you can keep your home at a comfortable temperature without having to make any changes. No more manually adjusting the temperature over and over throughout the day.
- Increased energy efficiency – programming your desired temperatures helps you use less energy by only heating and cooling your home when you need it. Change it to warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter when you’re away or sleeping, and back to your desired temperature when you’re home, all without touching the thermostat.
- Convenience – with WIFI capabilities, programmable thermostats with smart technology are adjustable from anywhere via an app on your cell phone, tablet, or computer.
- The cost – programmable thermostats cost more to buy than older models, but you’ll recoup the money you spent in energy savings over time.
- Installation – you will need to install a new thermostat, and it’s critical to do it correctly so it integrates with your existing HVAC system and runs properly.
- Learning curve – learning new technology can be intimidating, and there is an adjustment to setting and programming a new thermostat. The good news is most are incredibly user-friendly and easy to use.
To find out more about the pros and cons of upgrading to a programmable thermostat, and for professional installation you can count on, contact the team at G+S Heating and Air.